Looking for the man with the camera is a journey that takes the narrator from Geneva to the Syrian border, relentlessly looking for her childhood friend, a missing Syrian media activist. During the three years search we witness different stages of hope, fear and despair, where the search of a beloved one transcends the political and military chaos.
Through the narrator’s and her friend’s involvement in film making, it is a self reflective questioning of war image and its role for memory and as a witness against war crimes.
Supported by the Region Pays de la Loire / Developpment
Director: Boutheyna Bouslama - 2019 - France - Switzerland - 76min
Producer: 24images - Close-Up Films - Broadcaster: LMTV
- Visions du Réel 2019, Nyon, Switzerland
- International Festival of common memory of Nador 2019, Morocco
- DocuMed 2019, Tunis, Tunisia
- 55èmes Journées de Soleure 2020, Switzerland
- International Documentary Festival 2020, Lasalle en Cévènnes, France
- Rencontres Aflam 2020, Marseille, France