Signing is an invitation to study the too little-known world of sign language. Those languages are various with their own complete and complex grammar and syntax. Three generations of hearing and deaf characters, with the Haïfa University Sign Language Research Lab researchers, talk in languages which came in Israel the last century. They speak about translation and transmission. “Signing” is an invitation to open up our perception of human communication capacities.
Director: Nurith Aviv - 2018 - France - Israel - 60mn
Producer: 24images - Laila Films - Les Films d'Ici - Distribution: 24images
- Premiers Plans 2018, Angers, France
- Festival de Douarnerez 2018, France
- Festival d’Haïfa 2018, Israël
- BJIFF, Bruxelles, 2018, Belgium
- Tokyo International Deaf Film Festival 2019, Japan